Friday, November 19, 2010

Is it just me or do anyone else think younger girls are getting meaner everyday?

When I was in high school (1998 to 2002) I rarely hear girls talking about how they want to hurt others or fight with other.





But over last two or three years, it seems like as if many girls in range of 12 to 16 are starting to wanting to hurt or fight with others. I post answers in martial arts section often. When I first post, girls almost never talk about fight or ask how to hurt people. Then it happen only once every couple weeks. But now it seems to happen every couple days.





If they're getting meaner, what could be causing this?Is it just me or do anyone else think younger girls are getting meaner everyday?
yes and it seems like they're getting more slutty too!


It sucks that every year more and more ';adult'; and ';teenage'; issues reach younger kids. Body and Image issues, sex, drugs, drinking, fighting... I really don't have a clue why younger and younger girls are being immersed in the issues that in my opinion they shouldn't even be thinking about. it's appauling to me when I hear about 11 year olds having sex and 12 year olds giving birth. It scares the crap out of me really. I'm glad I don't have kids because I might not ever let them leave the house! I just think that the media is covering more and more social issues and celebrity followings that they are now seeing. The tv shows are racier, you can't go anywhere without seeing anorexic/bulemic/drug addicted pictures of insanely thin celebrities that younger girls tend to idolize. Social and peer pressure has gotten so much worse and the need to be accepted is higher. The same issues have always been around they just weren't as ';mainstream'; as they are now. Issues with confidence, body, eating disorders and promiscuity were kept quiet at home and not usually advertised inpublic. Now they run rampant with all these little girls screaming ';I don't care, I'll do what I want';. And believe me, they have found ways, no matter how good the parents are. Some have crappy parents and some are brainwashed by others and what they think they have to be to fit in with society's standards and ';norms';. Nobody wants to be themselves anymore...Is it just me or do anyone else think younger girls are getting meaner everyday?
Girls and boys, both express how they feel about themselves. Oddly, boys have been expressing this for a long time, but no one seems to think it odd when boys do it. But when girls begin, the world turns topsy turvey!





When boys did it, it was considered that they were the primary caregivers when they grow up. So they were the only one's who expressed their anger in public. No questions asked.





Now girls are given ';egalitarian status';, she must take care of herself. Both genders are now expressing the anger of the world of disappointments in thier own private lives. If they're full of anger and hatred, that is just a reflection of how their own home lives are.





Sadly, anger is a secondary emotion to hurts, pains, frustrations, and disappointments. Their home lives are very unhealthy. :-(
Heh you were probably living in a bubble as a kid, or went to a very conservative high school. Kids have always been like this.





Now as for why it seems more prevalent, it's just because we let kids get away with murder nowadays, they have no boundaries so they keep searching for them, and noone shows them their place, so they keep pushing and pushing to find one.





They're all talk. Some even just do it to get noticed. Like those kids that go about swearing all the time when you pass them on the street or mall, they just want attention. If you ignore them they stop being loud, it's sort of funny.
Oh yes, they're getting nastier.





Case in point: One time I was with my husband, our son, and my mother-in-law at a McDonald's. There was a bunch of girls sitting a couple booths away.





I told my son something (had nothing to do with the girls) and one of them imitated what I said, mockingly. I was thinking, what the hey? And they were starting to get nasty. Couldn't even hold a conversation from that point without them mouthing off. And we didn't even do anything to them!





We tried to ignore them as we had our dinner. When I got up, I rolled my eyes at them, which REALLY made one mad. ';Don't roll your eyes at me!'; she snapped.





We just ignored them and went out to my van.





I felt like giving each one of them the smack across the face their mothers should have given them, let me tell you! If I talked that way to MY mother when I was a teen (I was in high school from 1987 to 1991), she wouldn't have put up with it!
What a peculiar observation you've made - and quite lopsided. How does your behavior compare to theirs? Is there a difference? If not then your question makes no sense.





To you;


Female fighter = mean?


Male fighter = admirable?





Is this what you're implying?





Oh, and Alexandra, give it a rest would ya.
Their boyfriends are teaching them how to fight %26amp; use guns. Ah, my ';Ex'; who taught me made it clear that if I was ever in a fighting situation that I must be in a ';Eithor you, or I, or both must die'; mentality. Strangly, this actually keeps my aggression down. My ';Ex'; loved to play, I think he prefered using me as a video game action hero instead of a stupid electronic thing a ma jig ... but he was also scared about my ability to protect myself; which makes no sence since I live in suburbia.





My baby sister's boyfriend on the other hand isn't quite as good at ummm, fighting ettique, and I fear he may get hurt.
There has been a lot of literature on boy's bullying over the past 20 years, but more recently, some researchers have noticed that much of the damage done to girls is done by other girls. So there's new literature on girl bullying, and it outlines how girls use emotional manipulations to hurt other girls (while some use violence as well).


___Interestingly, none of the literature mentions the damage that this kind of abuse does to boys, or to men when these girls grow to adulthood.


___This sort of female-on-male abuse that does damage to the soul instead of damage to the body has been virtually ignored, because it might contradict feminism's claims that the power balance between men and women is so off-kilter.


___Men are more vulnerable in this regard due to testosterone's effects on making men's experience of emotions and passions more explosive, both in behavioral terms (which is well documented) and in internal experiential terms (which is ignored). Men's emotions kick men's asses, and many women take advantage of this everyday. Some women respect this difference, but feminism just wants to suppress it, so it can keep making all questions come out with pro-feminist answers.


___And as to your question, give some thought to the difference between the implicit and explicit messages that boys get, that their natural impulses toward rambunctiousness are intrinsically evil, and the message that girls get, that they are not only free to do what they want, but are entitled to make up for ';centuries of oppression';. Which message is more likely to produce morally self-aware adults? If the boys grow up without snapping first, they'll be a lot more morally careful thatn the girls.
I believe it is because of the less inclusive and sharing nature of society as it moves into consumerism and competition. the focus for us now seems to be ';win!'; and if you aren't winning you are losing. the demand for being the best makes us separate others and view them as potential threats to our own level of superiority.





our fast food society has overflowed from just food consumption into control of each other.


';whats in it for me?'; is the new mantra.





social reform has taken away the sense of community and replaced it with the new right sense of competition. a free market were competition is embraced. companies vs companies ensure that we get great offers and products, but on the human level, we are no longer sharing and caring, we are only thinking of ourselves. the governments love this. they push it.





we give people rights, but people forget their responsibilities that go hand in hand with them.





we treat people like dirt and then cry invasion of personal rights when we are made dirt.





this world has become very self centered and cynical. all we see is competition, and potential threats to our success.





I believe that this notion in society has affected even the children, who in watching whats going on around them absorb these images of ';are you a winner or loser'; and due to their immaturity they use the only way they know to express superiority: bullying (verbal, physical...)





bullying has always been here, but its getting worse as children zone out of society through PS@, XBOX, iPODs... text phones... they all promote the individual,, at the exclusion of others. our new found freedoms have ensured we are trapped, and doomed, to only serve #1, at teh expense of everyone else.





mum and dad work too much to allow the family access to the good life the government has shaped, and the kids are left in front of the TV. this may be the largest source of socialization that many kids get, and is the TV the healthy way to transmit the tools of humanity? NO.





TV teaches us that laughing at accidents is ok, that stereotypes are true for everyone. that being the best you can be means walking on others.





young kids dont know that these images are adult drama and fabricated for the needs of neurotic adults. a photo is true, so TV must be too. the list goes on...





the more impersonal a person becomes and the more removed from socialization they get, the less empathy they develop. empathy is nearly impossible to learn as an adult, it is through the youth years that this is developed. if we continue with individualism the lack of empathy will become the tool that will destroy us. not through war. but through the loss of social morality. its what we see, when we step outside.





no one gives a sh!t anymore. and now try to force themselves upon us.





thats why its good to know thyself in confidence of mind and body. if society cant hurt you mentally or physically, the rest is easy.
  • hair extension
  • healthy hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment