Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sooo... I'm big and tall and kinda intimidating :( how do I talk to girls without appearing scary and creepy??

I'm admittedly scary, not intentionally, It's entirely because of my size (6'7'; and large) and people who talk to me realize very quickly that I'm kind and funny (on the football team my friends jokes that I'm too nice to opposing players (hence the nickname gentle giant))... however... appearances are more than people seem to think they are, and I am afraid it is impossible to get a girl to like me for who i am when I am often dismissed as a big scary monster... because people are wrongly afraid of me I often sense that eye contact must be very... unnerving? yeah that's the word... I'm also terribly shy.. ANYWAY, I'm wondering if you have any tips (everything from facial expression, to posture, to eye contact timing) on how to make myself less intimidating and more friendly when dealing with girls as I probably appear kinda creepy what with the size and all...Sooo... I'm big and tall and kinda intimidating :( how do I talk to girls without appearing scary and creepy??
Eh...I guarantee you'll be fine. Exactly like these other posters have said. Don't worry about the eye contact thing...I guarantee that it isn't as bad as you think. Men are nearly always unnerved by eye contact. Our brain instinctively perceives eye contact as an expression of dominance...a nice little throw back to when we were still basically tribal animals. That's why it makes us uncomfortable. Women see eye contact as a sign of trust and interest. One of those little evoluntionary quirks that hasn't yet worked itself out yet. So yea...make eye contact and smile...be friendly. She's not shy and nervous because of your size...she's shy and nervous because you are interested and that isn't always a bad thing.Sooo... I'm big and tall and kinda intimidating :( how do I talk to girls without appearing scary and creepy??
I dated a guy who was your height, and I'm 5'2';. It's not intimidating at all. Your height may in fact draw more attention to yourself, but it won't be in a creepy way. Just be yourself around the girls, and you'll find one who will like you as you are.
i love really tall guys! its because i feel more protected, and safe with them, and most of the time wen u hug them its awsome cos they wrap u right up tight!



just be urself! its who you r! be confident more and dont think its creepy cos babe its not!



gd luck!
aw you sounds adorable

you sound like my kind of guy [taken tho]

you'll find someone though

just relax, and smile a lot at them

good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment